Here is a list of the basic controls and hotkeys for the game.
Sailing basics Edit
- Increase speed: W or Up Arrow
- There are two speed levels; press twice to go the fastest.
- You do not have to hold down the speed buttons; the ship continues at its current pace until told otherwise.
- Decrease speed: S of Down Arrow
- Left turn: A or Left Arrow
- Right turn: D or Right Arrow
- You do need to be moving in order to turn the vessel.
- To turn at a sharper angle, you need to hold down the turn button.
- Broadside batteries:
- located on both sides of the vessel, but can only be fired one at a time
- use the mouse cursor to determine which fires - just hover over one side of the vessel or the other
- Left Mouse Button is to shoot
- Can only fire to the side of the ship, not forward or backward